Summer is fast approaching and so is the opportunity to hold lots of outdoor parties. After all, a beautiful summer day or night shouldn’t be spent cooped up in your home. The deck is one of the best places to entertain your guests in your home, especially if it’s well decorated. Unfortunately, since it’s been a long while since it was last used, there’s no doubt your deck needs to be updated. Luckily, there are various ways to make your deck summer-worthy.
In this post, new deck contractors Solid State Construction discuss six ways to update your deck and prepare it for your guests this summer.
- Cleaning – This is the first step in preparing your deck for the summer. First, you can sweep away any debris you can see in your deck. Follow that up with a pressure wash to get rid of any mold or mildew that may have grown there through the seasons. In the event a pressure wash isn’t viable, you can always go the old-fashioned way and do a hand wash on your deck.
- Repair – Give your deck a quick inspection to see if there’s anything that needs fixing. Spot any broken boards or deck rots since it can compromise the deck’s structure. If there are any, contact a professional, such as deck and door replacement contractors Solid State Roofing, immediately to repair your deck.
- Re-paint – One way to bring life and beauty to your deck is by repainting it. Once all the cleaning and repairs are done, take a good look at the deck with all the outdoor furniture in it. It might help you decide on the best color for your deck if you want a new one.
- Decorating – Of course, if you’re entertaining guests in your deck, they’ll need a place to sit and relax. Decorate your deck with matching furniture, pillows, and tables. You can even add a rug to make stepping on the wood a little more comfortable and make the deck a little more aesthetically pleasing.
- Lighting – Summer gatherings shouldn’t be held during the daylight hours only. Summer nights can also be beautiful so you can hold a party at night time as well. Ambient lighting is one of making your deck welcoming for your guests so they can fully enjoy the night. Want a fairy tale feel? You can add string lights along the canopy and railings. If you want a more exotic feel, on the other hand, you can always go that route with lanterns and tiki torches.
- Plants – Potted and hanging plants bring color to a deck and can decorate your space wonderfully. Plant insect repelling herbs as well to keep the pests away.
Turn to Solid State Construction for your home renovation needs. We are your number one provider of designer roof shingles and siding services. Give us a call at (508) 709-0041 or fill out our contact form to get in touch.