When it comes to replacing your windows, window replacement companies allow you to choose from an extensive collection. From double-hung windows to casement windows, you’re not exactly starved for choice. That’s what makes choosing your next windows all the more difficult. Thankfully, you can narrow down your choices with the various advantages each window replacement style presents.
In this post, Solid State Construction discusses six windows replacement styles and their advantages.
- Double-Hung Windows – This is the most popular window style you can see in most homes. It features two large sashes that slide up and down for easier access. The advantages of this window style include its reasonable price, widespread manufacturing, and dirt-proof tracks.
- Casement Windows – Casement windows crank open horizontally on hinges mounted on one side, allowing it to pivot open like a door. This window style is second only to the double-hung windows in terms of popularity. Its advantages are better window seal for keeping out drafts, security, and allowing you to “scoop” cool air into the house. To learn more about casement windows, contact window and roofing contractors such as Solid State Construction.
- Slider Windows – The mechanically simple slider windows consists of side-by-side windows that you can easily open thanks to the top and bottom tracks. This style has been widespread since the 50s and 60s and are a good choice when you need to constantly open and close your windows. Its advantages include durability thanks to the lack of cranks or mechanisms and are less costly due to their simple design.
- Fixed Windows – This refers to any window that does not open and is fixed within a frame. One such example of this are picture windows. Since they’re permanently sealed, they offer better energy efficiency than other window types and are also less costly compared to the other window styles.
- Bay and Bow Windows – This is the combination of windows that form a unit that extends from the house’s wall surface. Its advantages include a unique design statement, outdoor view, and shelf space for growing plants or decorative items.
- Glass Block Windows – Glass block windows are made with architectural glass blocks and are mortared in place. These thick blocks of semi-opaque glass simultaneously blocks views and allows light in at the same time. Its advantages are the fact that it’s the most secure window since it’s permanently mortared in place, the semi-opaqueness allows for a degree of privacy, durability, and allow very good insulating properties.
Turn to Solid State Construction for your home improvement needs. We are your number one provider of rubber roof and siding services. Give us a call at (508) 709-0041 or fill out our contact form to get in touch with us. We serve homeowners in Sudbury, Littleton, and other areas in MA.