Qualified Remodeler, the leading magazine for residential remodelers, released its 41st annual list of top remodeling companies in the U.S. Read more
Part of having a home and making sure it stays in working order is through maintaining it. Each season throws a new set of variables at a house and proper maintenance ensures that everything continues to work smoothly. Winter in particular presents a lot of problems for homes. From ice to snow and freezing temperatures, getting your house in working order in preparation for winter will maximize the effectiveness of your home.
1. Gutter Cleaning: With most of the leaves off the trees now, this is a good time to do some gutter cleaning. If your gutters and drains get clogged water wont drain and ice build up can cause so many issues for your roof and gutter system. So, make sure your gutters are cleaned out each winter!
2. Weather stripping: This is more of temporary solution, but air drafts during the winter can skyrocket your heating bills. Adding weather stripping to your windows and doors can help seal the warm weather inside and keep the cold outside. Eventually if your windows are extremely drafty, investing in new windows or doors will be a huge help.
3. Trim Tree Branches: Trees are a great asset to any home landscape but they can become increasingly more dangerous when hanging over homes. The extra weight from ice and snow makes the winter time a prime time period for these branches to break off. If you notice any branches hanging over your home, we suggest trimming them off before your house gets damaged.
4. Roof Evaluation: Make sure your roof is in tip-top shape going into the winter. With extra strain put on your roof during this time, making sure it’s ready to go is important.
For more information, please feel free to reach out. If you notice anything wrong with your roof, siding, windows or doors, don’t hesitate to call Solid State Construction for questions. We provide free estimates and provide some of the highest quality services in Massachusetts.
We can be reached over the phone at 508-581-3798 or through our online contact form.
When hiring someone to come onto your property and work on your home, you need to make sure you do your research. There are so many people and companies out there that taking the extra level of precaution will make all of the difference. The fate of your house, your patience and your wallet will all include how diligent you are!
What to Look For in A Local Contractor?
1. Expert Installations: New siding or a new roof is a pretty big project considering all the work you put into your house. The combination of time and money that goes into these projects means that if not done properly, you wont receive a positive ROI. To make sure that your contractor is reliable, look at their online reviews and certifications. This will do a great job of telling you how reliable and skilled they are.
Here are some examples to check for:
At Solid State Construction we keep high ratings and have reliable certifications because of our continued drive for helping every customer as if they were our own family.
2. Quality Roofing Shingles: As important as the people who install the shingles on the roof, the shingles themselves are extremely important. Ask potential contractors what manufacturers they work with and what type of shingles are available. Do some research, compare the shingles and make sure they are from a reliable source.
At Solid State Construction we work with only the highest quality manufacturers. We work with:
3. Experience: Choosing a new contractor can be risky for a range of different reasons. An established company comes with warranties that mean more and it also means something if they’ve been around for a while. A new company could have a lot of issues and it takes years to get your business the way it should be! Solid State Construction has been around for 12 years providing homeowners with all their amazing services!
When working with Solid State Construction, feel free to ask us any question that you’d like! It’s important you feel comfortable working with us.
For more information about our team and how we could help you with your roofing or siding project, please feel free to reach out. Our team can be contacted over the phone at 508-581-3798 or through our online contact form.
Theme: My Home is My Castle
At Solid State Construction, we know your home is your castle. This is especially true for the youngest of us – your kids! This summer we have something especially for them – a drawing contest!
We invite your children ages 3- 15 to draw their own castles -erm… homes. It can be realistic – a drawing of their own home! It can be futuristic – what might your home look like in 100 years? It can be wacky – a home made entirely out of peppermint twists? Or it could be awe-inspiring – any future architects out there?
HOW TO ENTER:
- Like our Facebook page
- Comment on this post.
- Share this post with your friends.
There is no fee to enter and you do not need to be a current customer. There are PRIZES to be won!
Residents of the United States who are ages three (3) to fifteen (15) at the time of entry are eligible to enter. The entries will be grouped by age as follows: 3-5 Tots, 6-10 Kids, 11-15 Big Kids.
- Should be made by the parent or guardian on behalf of the child
- Should include the child’s name, age, the parent or guardian’s name, and his or her email address or contact number.
By submitting artwork, parents grant permission for Solid State Construction to use the artwork and child’s first name and age online or in promotional materials. If submission is a photograph of the child holding artwork, parent likewise grants Solid State Construction to use that photograph including likeness of the child online and in promotional materials.
Deadline for submissions is Friday August 3rd, 2018.
ENTER BY MAIL:
Solid State Construction
2 Shaker Road D204
Shirley, MA 01464
Original artwork will not be returned unless requested in writing.
Online entries (photo of the drawing plus your information) may be emailed to: email@example.com, or posted directly to SSC’s Facebook page (your contact details should be private messaged to us in that case).
We will choose one winner for each of the age ranges below.
Tots (ages 3-5) – 1 winner
Kids (ages 6-10) – 1 winner
Big Kids (ages 11-15) – 1 winner
Each winner can choose (1) of the below:
4 tickets to Davis Farmland
4 tickets to Southwick’s Zoo
4 tickets to Six Flags
4 tickets to Canobie Lake Park