Replacing your home’s roofing system can cost you a significant amount compared to simply repairing it. After all, it will be a labor heavy task, and you may decide that it’s time to change the material of your roof from the previous one. Luckily, however, a roof replacement doesn’t have to mean high costs; in fact, there are ways you can actually lower them.
- Insurance – Using your home insurance policy is one of the best ways you can lower the costs of your roof replacement project. This is because it can cover roofing damage that isn’t caused by the homeowner’s neglect, such as loose shingles due to hailstorms. Depending on the damage, your insurance company may pay for part or the entirety of the replacement cost.
- Partial DIY – Surprisingly enough, doing some of the work on your own can actually lower your roof replacement cost. One such example of this is removing the old roofing before the installer can arrive. Thanks to the reduced labor, the overall costs will also be lower than it usually would. Make sure your roofer approves first, however, as doing so can be hazardous to your person.
- Keep Your Options Open – It can be tempting to hire the first contractor that gives you a good deal. However, this is one of the things that you shouldn’t do. Instead, get quotes from several roofers, and check local references before you completely hire someone. Avoid extremely low bids, however, as this is a potential red flag for subpar work.
- Timing – Roofers are busiest during the summer and fall while off-seasons like late winter or spring may be able to help you achieve low prices for your roof replacement project.
- Do Your Homework – Before getting someone to replace your roof, one of the important things you should do is familiarize yourself with the system. Understand its size and complexity, and know the exact materials you want before speaking to any contractors. With these important details, you can help keep your estimates consistent.
Turn to Solid State Construction for your home improvement needs. We are your number one provider of designer roof shingles and siding installation services. Give us a call at (508) 709-0041, or fill out our contact form to request a quote.