Do you have a lot of things on display in your home’s landscaping? If so, you might want to consider putting some of them away since they might be an eyesore to your neighbors. Now, if you think that putting them away means putting them in your garage or in your basement, this isn’t necessarily the case. In fact, there are a few clever ways to effectively hide your outdoor items from the eyes of prying neighbors.
- Shed Under the Stairs – Deck storage is one of the most popular ways homeowners hide their outdoor clutter, and one form of deck storage is a shed under the stairs. If your deck is a few feet up from the ground and has stairs leading to the backyard itself, you can have a shed built under the staircase to store taller equipment in without taking any precious yard space.
- Tool Cupboard – For smaller gardening tools like trowels or weeders, you can simply create a small storage cupboard that can easily mesh with your home’s style to hang on an outer wall.
- Trash Nook – In most homes, you can find their giant, green trash bins simply parked by the curb. However, if you’re starting to find this unappealing and storing them in the garage isn’t an option, then consider making a wooden lattice enclosure that can be opened and closed to hide them. In fact, if you want to make them look more appealing, you can even make the top of the enclosure look like a flower bed by adding a plant trough.
- Deck Storage – The second kind of deck storage can be found under the deck itself. If you have an elevated deck, simply turn the area below it into a storage space for your outdoor equipment and gardening supplies by adding a wide swinging door that can be locked if the tools inside aren’t needed.
- Hose Pot – On the other hand, if your hose can always be seen as a messy jumble in your garden, then consider adding a hose pot near the spigot. There are some hose pots that have a back hole to feed your hose through and put it away in an orderly manner.
Make your search for window replacement companies easier by turning to Solid State Construction. We are your leading provider of roofing and deck installation services. Give us a call at (508) 709-0041, or fill out our contact form to request a quote. We serve homeowners in Littleton, Sudbury and other nearby areas.