Asphalt Shingles are by far the most common roofing material used across the board in the United States. Homes and businesses alike often use asphalt to protect their home with asphalt as it does an absolutely amazing job protecting homes. There are other reliable roofing materials out there by why is Asphalt so popular?
1. Lightweight: As you can imagine, the weight of asphalt shingles really isn’t that much. This means that when installing an asphalt roof, most homes don’t have extra strain put on them and are capable of handling them. Heavy roofs such as slate often require extra structural support to handle this weight.
2. Inexpensive: Homeowners are always looking to save money and that’s why asphalt is so popular. Out of the most reliable roofing options out there, asphalt is the most affordable. Saving some extra cash is always a plus!
3. Efficient Installation Process: As a homeowner, nobody wants contractors working on their house for longer than they need to. Going with asphalt shingles means that contractors are in and out fairly quickly as the installation process typically doesn’t take very long.
4. Style Choices: With asphalt being so popular, there have been so many different styles of shingle and colors that have come out. Our main roofing manufacturer, GAF provides homeowners with so many options that there is no way you don’t get the exact roof that you want.
5. Durability: When it comes down to the bottom life for a roof, this is the most important factor. You want a roofing material that is going to last and that is going to protect your home for years to come. Asphalt is extremely durable and when using GAF your roof will be backed by an amazing warranty.
Solid State Construction is a GAF Master Elite Contractor and provides their roofing services throughout much of Massachusetts. If you have any further questions about your home and the need for roofing services, please feel free to reach out to us. We can be contacted over the phone at 508-581-3798 or through our online contact form.