Superior Cambridge, MA Window & Door Installation
Windows & Doors — Custom Design, Inserts, & Full-Frame Installations. Explore Our Top-Quality Selection.
Count on Solid State Construction (SSC) for impeccable, uncompromising window and door installation in the Cambridge area. We also represent among the most elite selection of products from renowned manufacturers. On this page, you can learn more about us and the types of windows and doors we carry.
Cambridge’s Best Window Installation & Selection
At SSC, we take an assortment of extra steps to ensure we offer our customers the most carefully curated selections of windows. Unless the manufacturers pass our high standards, and unless they offer the level of benefits you want, we won’t deal with them. Period. Here’s a quick glance at the kinds of windows we carry.
- Marvin Fiberglass Windows: These are industry-leading windows, with a fantastic list of features designed for modern structures — strong, low expansion-contraction rates, high coastal value, and stirring aesthetics.
- Wood Windows: With wood windows, our focus is to provide both the beauty and benefits your property needs, rather than just being essentially pricey-pretty. Again, we turn to brands like Marvin who specially-engineer their wood windows to be feature-packed and focused on performance.
- Vinyl Windows: It bears repeating — at SSC we work with only high-quality, high-value products and this includes our vinyl windows. The benefits of higher-end vinyl are rock-bottom maintenance, superior energy efficiency, maximum durability, and relatively good curb appeal.
Extensive Door Selection For Cambridge
As New England’s largest independent exterior remodeler, we’re privileged to work with the nation’s most trusted (and most popular) door manufacturers. Because at the end of the day your doors are a central component in both your security and energy efficiency systems. Our customers don’t take them lightly, and neither do we.
- ProVia Entry Doors: Fiberglass and steel. From the Embarq and Signet lines to their Heritage and Legacy variations, ProVia represents the best.
- Patio Doors: Options, options, and more options. We have more than enough and the expert help to ensure you don’t get lost. Whether you’re in the market for a more sliding glass doors or French patio doors, we’ve got you covered.
We Specialize in BOTH Insert vs. Full-Frame Installation
Solid State Construction is one of the few contractors in New England who focus on BOTH insert and full-frame installations because it provides you, our customers, with more value. What’s the difference? Let’s quickly answer that in bullet points below.
- Existing frame is in good-to-great condition; don’t need to gut and replace it.
- This means the interior and exterior trim are also in good condition.
- As you might expect, simple insert installations take less time and cost less.
- The existing window/door, along with their frame and trim all need to be removed.
- The frame is gutted and stripped completely bare, then inspected and repaired.
- All new insulation, flashing, sill pan, trim, leak protection, stool, aprons, etc.
- New window or door is installed, which takes longer and costs more than inserts.
Schedule A Cambridge Window & Door Quote Today
To get your ball rolling with SSC, simply pick up the phone and dial our number, or drop us a line through our Contact Us page form.
We can set you up with your own Project Consultant to answer your questions concerning windows and doors and address any concerns and get your project underway. We look forward to hearing from you!
What Our Customers Are Saying…
We had our home re-sided with HardieBoard, with new windows and new front and side doors, as well. Solid State worked with suppliers to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible. Went over a lot of up-front options to make sure we were happy with the new look of our home.