Is James Hardie Siding Worth The Money For Your Central MA Home?
Discover Why You Will Love James Hardie Siding
When it comes to the siding on your Central MA home, you want to find something that is beautiful and practical for the harsh weather we experience here in New England. Choosing the wrong siding can result in having to replace siding sooner than you planned.
James Hardie siding is just one option on the market for your home, and we consider it a top-shelf siding to choose from.
What Makes James Hardie Siding Special?
All siding options are the same, right? No! There are many types of materials used to make siding for a home.
James Hardie siding is made from fiber cement, which is durable and long-lasting, making this a premier siding to choose for your home.
Fiber cement is a composite material made of cement reinforced with fibers.
Low Maintenance Siding
James Hardie siding is a low-maintenance siding option. Homeowners with other types of siding on their home often spend hours every spring and/or summer washing the siding, sanding and restaining wood siding, etc.
However, with James Hardie siding, you will find the time spent on maintenance is no longer an issue. In most cases, people can use a regular water hose and spray it off to remove dust and dirt.
If you are looking for a siding option with superior performance, you can’t go wrong with James Hardie fiber cement siding! When compared to traditional vinyl or wood siding, you will discover James Hardie bypasses the competition by miles.
- As a non-combustible material, James Hardie fiber cement siding will not ignite when it comes into contact with a direct flame, and it will not fuel a fire.
- James Hardie siding withstands moisture and rot, something all of us in Central MA have to keep in mind throughout the year.
- Woodpeckers, termites, and other pests will not be drawn to James Hardie siding because it is manufactured from fiber cement.
James Hardie siding is also designed for the specific zone in which your home is located. For the Central MA area, we use HZ5 James Hardie siding, meant to resist the wet, freezing conditions we experience. Likewise, James Hardie has a specific type of siding for homeowners in southern climates dealing with heat and humidity.
Personalization For You
James Hardie fiber cement siding is available in any color you can imagine, thanks to ColorPlus Technology. ColorPlus Technology allows for the color you choose to be baked into the fiber cement for long-lasting color on your home.
ColorPlus Technology ensures the color resists fading. It is not just paint plastered onto the fiber cement; the color is bonded directly onto the siding, so there is no chipping, peeling, or cracking.
A Warranty You Can Depend On
There is nothing better than knowing you can depend on the warranty of your siding just in case anything goes wrong. With James Hardie siding, you receive an amazing warranty!
The warranty for James Hardie Siding in Central MA includes:
- A limited transferrable 30-year warranty on the installation and materials
- 15-year trim warranty on installation and materials
- 10-year weather-barrier warranty
- A 15-year finish warranty on the ColorPlus Technology used on the siding
In addition, Good Housekeeping has awarded James Hardie siding the Good Housekeeping Seal. An award of this caliber is difficult to win and only given to a select few with amazing products that have proved themselves in the home remodeling space.
Go Green With James Hardie Siding
There is a lot of waste that comes with vinyl or wood siding being installed on a home. However, this is not the case with James Hardie siding. In fact, James Hardie has been named the “Greenest Siding Brand” by Green Builder Media for the past six years running.
A few of the reasons James Hardie is so “green”:
- They locally source at least 75% of their raw materials
- Using their own ColorPlus Technology in the factory eliminates the VOCs often released during the on-site painting
- James Hardie has the Zero To Landfill Project to help reduce their contributions to landfills by 50%
James Hardie Siding Is Worth The Cost
After learning more about James Hardie siding, along with the benefits it offers, we can undoubtedly say you cannot go wrong with choosing James Hardie siding for your home. When we are asked about the best siding product, James Hardie is recommended to family, friends, and homeowners.
While James Hardie siding may be more of an investment upfront, consider the savings:
- James Hardie siding can last 20+ years longer than traditional siding
- Little to no maintenance is required to keep your siding looking great
- More environmentally friendly solution compared to the waste of traditional siding
Truly, when opting to use James Hardie siding, the benefits outweigh the cost, and in thirty years, you will be happy you went with James Hardie fiber cement siding on your home.
Free Consultation Today
If the siding on your home has seen its best days, there is never a better time than now to get started on a remodel that will enhance the curb appeal. And by choosing the best of the best in siding installations, you will not regret your decision.
We offer a free consultation for any homeowner who is interested in having James Hardie siding installed on their home. If you are considering James Hardie siding for your Central MA home, contact us today or call us at 508-581-3798!