If you are looking for simple yet versatile windows for your home, casement windows may be the perfect choice for you! Casement windows have been around since the 18th century and have always been a staple in homes all over the globe.
They are affordable, easy to match with, and are surprisingly versatile for being something as simple as windows! With all of the various window options available for most modern homes, it’s important for the homeowner to know the ins and outs of each one to make an informed decision.
In this article, we are going to break down everything you need to know about casement windows along with the best place to have them showcased within the home.
Casement Windows Explained
While each window style contains the same basic structural components, casement windows differ slightly. Casement windows can either swing open from the left side out or right side out, depending on the layout and needs of your home.
This is much different than other styles of windows that slide open with the individual window panes overlapping. The other key component that sets casement windows apart from other styles of home windows is the way these windows are physically opened and closed.
A crank at the bottom of the sash can be rotated clockwise to open up wide and rotated counterclockwise to close tight. No more lifting heavy glass panes or dealing with jammed windows!
This easy-opening feature allows for the windows to be cracked slightly to let in a warm sunny breeze or fully opened for the entire effect.
In the colder months, which are inevitable here in Massachusetts, casement windows provide an airtight seal to keep out even the hardest and coldest of wind gusts.
Because casement windows can be fixed in both wide and narrow size frames, they are a great addition to just about any room in the house.
Benefits Of Casement Windows In The Home
Aesthetics is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all of the wonderful qualities of casement windows. Now, we know every person has their own set of preferences when it comes to most aspects of life. When one style of window works well for one family, an alternate style may better suit another.
Let’s talk about a few of the main reasons to choose casement windows for your next renovation or restoration!
- Save money: Who doesn’t love saving money? Our window installers ensure each casement window provides an airtight seal to keep the home comfortable each month of the year, greatly cutting down on energy costs due to drafts. The crank-style sealing method does an exceptionally better job than most other windows.
- Simplicity: No matter what your age or physical abilities may be, casement windows are by far the easiest to operate. When you are not opening or closing the window, the crank handle can be folded against the sash for a low-key appearance.
- Easy to maintain: Because casement windows can be opened up to a 90-degree angle, homeowners can easily clean both sides of the window without having to do so from the outside. Needless to say, this proves especially useful for windows on the second or third story that would otherwise require a ladder.
- Best of both worlds: You may be wondering how casement windows can house a screen if they open outwards, and the answer is simply that the screen is on the inside of the home! This screen can easily be removed for cleaning or general maintenance.
Why Choose Solid State Construction For Your Window Needs?
The answer is simple; we truly love what we do! Homeowners all over Massachusetts trust Solid State Construction for their home improvement needs because we always show up to the job site prepared and ready to answer any and all questions you have about the process.
When it comes to casement windows for your home, we only trust the best suppliers that have proven their worth in our eyes. Not only do we offer a wide selection of additional window styles, but you will also be given the choice of the window material used. As of right now, we offer the following window material options:
- Fiberglass windows: Considerably stronger than all other window materials with an elegant finish that turns heads.
- Wood windows: A look that never goes out of style, especially when paired with top-notch technology that surpassed previous designs.
- Vinyl windows: ProVia vinyl windows are the only vinyl windows we trust to meet the needs of New Englanders.
Still Have Questions? Reach Out!
We know when it comes to construction projects on the home, it can be a bit overwhelming at times. That’s why our trained staff at Solid State Construction is readily available to alleviate a little of that built-up stress or anxiety.
For any questions about casement windows or our installation process, be sure to give us a call at (508) 581-3758, or visit our website to fill out the form for a virtual consultation from the comfort of your own home.